- Professor Sigmund Grønmo, The University of Bergen (Chair)
- Professor Trude Haugli, The Arctic University of Norway
- Professor Øivind Andersen, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- Professor Britt Andersen, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Knut Olav Åmås, Director, The Fritt Ord Foundation
The University of Bergen appoints the executive board of the Holberg Prize. The Holberg Board consists of the board chair and four board members nominated by the universities in Norway and the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. The board members must work in different institutions, and at least one board member must work outside the university and university college sector.
The Chair of the Holberg Board is Professor Sigmund Grønmo.
Board members are appointed for a period of four years and may be reappointed once. The government regulations concerning gender representation apply to the appointment of board members.
The Holberg Board is responsible for all activities and events related to the The Holberg Prize and for ensuring that other objectives are met in accordance with the statutes. The board awards the prize at the recommendation of the Holberg Committee.